Getting Your Ducks in a Row
Apr 27, 2017 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM
at 7:30 pm. Please Arrive 10 Minutes Early
Deland Law Office
1660 Washington Street, Holliston, MA 01746 [Map & Directions]
On Washington Street, Route 16, to the west of Holliston Center.
Easy Parking, No stairs!
So, it's time to get your ducks in a row. Where should you start?
First of all - why does it matter anyway?
We'll talk about some of the things that can go wrong: Extra taxes, nursing home costs, squabbling siblings.
Then I'll walk you through the process that we use with our clients
- Planning for Medical Decisions - Including Long-Term Care Costs
- Planning for Financial Decisions - Protection from Liabilities, Taxes
- Irrevocable Trusts - what they are, how they work, and why they're not for everyone.
- Revocable Life Trusts - what they are, how they can save taxes and trouble, and why everyone should have one.
- Why all of our clients have wills, and why a will is both very important and (usually) not very informative.
- The exception - wills that create special trusts
- Why and how most of our planning clients stay with us, and how we help them keep their planning "alive."
- What you can do if you want to work with us, or even just get some of your more personal questions answered.
Even if you don't wind up working with us, you will leave with a better understanding of how you can protect yourself and your family.